Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bikram Yoga Benefits - What Bikram Yoga Can Do For You


!±8± Bikram Yoga Benefits - What Bikram Yoga Can Do For You

When I first heard about Bikram Yoga, I was quick to check what benefits this type of yoga has to offer. Practicing yoga can be challenging enough, but doing yoga poses in a room heated to 38 degrees seems really tough. The question in my mind was: would it be worth the benefits I'm getting?

A search on Bikram Yoga indicates the following benefits among others:

Increases energy, decreases stress Detoxifies the body and improves blood circulation Strengthens the immune system - Promotes mental clarity and focus Weight loss

Of course, the last benefit was the one I was after. I signed up for a class because I was eager to see if Bikram Yoga can deliver this promised benefit.

If you've practiced yoga before and you are doubtful that shifting your body's poses can help you lose weight, think again.

When I tried Bikram Yoga for the first time, it was very, very tough. A few minutes into it and I was like a human faucet dripping streams of sweat. It was more difficult to focus on the poses because it was hot. You have to exert extra effort to be calm and focused on your breathing or you'll risk fainting or toppling over.

The result after just one workout? My muscles were slightly sore but I felt light. I figured it must be because of Bikram's detoxifying effect.

Of course, you won't see results overnight so don't expect this to be a quick fix solution for your weight loss problems.

But after one month of practicing Bikram Yoga, I can happily say, I lost three inches from my waistline. I tend to focus more on the inches rather than the pounds because, for me, that's a more satisfying result.

Bonus benefits for me were the improved flexibility and strength. The little aches and pains that used to spring up in my back and neck were gone.

I didn't need to diet because healthy eating came naturally to me. I didn't want to waste all the effort I put in my yoga practice so I consciously chose to eat healthy food and to control my portions.

As a result, I had more energy and I was able to handle stress very well. I also noticed that my focus has improved making it easier for me to accomplish my daily tasks.

Would you benefit from Bikram Yoga? Like any practice or fitness routine, it takes a consistent effort and a conscious choice to live healthy to maximize the benefits Bikram Yoga has to offer.

I'd say Bikram Yoga is a tough practice, but the weight loss and added health and mental benefits you'll get in return are well worth it.


Bikram Yoga Benefits - What Bikram Yoga Can Do For You

Cheaper Ion Tt Usb Suncast Hose Reel Save You Money! Horseshoe Silver Necklace Top Quality




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links